KG Smith & Son (Coal Merchants UK) ensures you receive your coal on time, delivered in the most professional manner.
- Our deliveries are free of charge to customers who have placed orders over 500kg across England (excluding TR and PL postcodes). For orders below 500kg, a £25 delivery fee will be added.
- Scotland deliveries, as well as TR and PL postcodes, will be charged £40 for orders of over 500kg. Orders under 500kg will be charged £65 for delivery.
- If you opt for next day delivery, £15 will be added to the total bill.
The majority of our products will arrive on pallets, which means your order will be delivered in a truck, so only a curbside delivery can be guaranteed. This is due to access restrictions and the sheer size of the delivery vehicle. That said, we always strive to provide the best service possible and will deliver your order as close as we can to your property.
- Pallets can’t be transported over loose gravel surfaces, so keep this in mind when ordering.
- We are not able to carry deliveries up pathways or through to gardens.
- Access can only be gained via hard roads that are wide enough to allow delivery trucks to pass through.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact KG Smith and Sons who can answer your queries.
Our refunds policy is in line with the Distance Selling Regulations.
The DSR states that the consumer has a cooling-off period of 7 working days in which to cancel their order. The cooling-off period begins the day after the goods are received by the consumer.
Any cancellation of the order is to be made in writing to:
- KG Smith and Son, 11 Forest Road, Hartwell, Northamptonshire, NN7 2HF
This is to be done within the ‘cooling-off’ period of 7 working days.
The consumer will be entitled to a full refund for the goods, however, goods that are returned to the supplier will be at the consumer’s expense or at a charge which does not exceed the direct delivery or haulage costs. It’s the consumer’s duty to take reasonable care of the goods.
If an order is cancelled or turned away (order not accepted) while the goods are in transit then a delivery charge of £35, plus VAT, per pallet will be applied.
If you’re looking to place an order with us and receive the goods before Christmas, please place your order on or before 19th December and receive your delivery before Christmas Eve.
Please note, we will not be able to deliver any orders that are placed after 19th December. Any orders placed after this date can expect delivery in the new year.
Over the Christmas period there tends to be a backlog of orders, so please be aware that there may be a delay in delivery after the new year. If this is the case, we will be in touch to let you know.
Including the South Midlands,Bucks, Beds, Herts, Oxford, London & Home CountiesCoverage Areas